Effective as of June 2023
By using or accessing our Site, you acknowledge that you accept the practices detailed in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Notice, please do not use our Site. This Notice governs your access to and use of the Site.
Personal Data We Collect
Information you choose to provide to us.
We may collect Personal Data directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through our Site or otherwise share it with us. This includes:
- Business and Personal Contact Information, such as your first and last name, postal address, email address, phone number, job title and employer name;
- Professional credentials, such as educational and work history, institutional affiliations and other information of the type that would be included on a resume or curriculum vitae;
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, report a problem with the Sites or otherwise correspond with us; and
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications about our products.
Any communications relating to clinical trials should be made through the communication channels described in the applicable informed consent, patient information sheet or other instructions provided to clinical trial participants.
Information we obtain from social media platforms.
We may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, and other third-party platforms. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, the platform provider’s Privacy Notice applies.
Information we obtain from other third parties.
We may receive Personal Data about you from third-party sources, such as marketing partners, publicly available sources and data service providers.
Information automatically collected.
We may collect Personal Data automatically such as site usage information and information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, and access times and information about your use of, and actions on, our Sites. We collect this information about you using cookies or similar technologies. Please refer to the section below for more details.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes and as otherwise described in this Notice or at the time of collection:
To operate our Sites. We use your Personal Data to:
- provide, operate and improve our Sites;
- provide information about our research and development;
- communicate with you regarding our programs, events, or activities, including by sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Sites;
- provide support and maintenance for our Sites; and
- respond to your service-related requests, questions and feedback.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Protara-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You have the ability to opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
To comply with law. We use your Personal Data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your Personal Data Site as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern use of our Site (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. We may use or share your Personal Data with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Site, or when you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your Personal Data.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your Personal Data and other individuals whose Personal Data we collect. We may use this data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Affiliates. We may disclose your Personal Data to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates for purposes consistent with this Notice.
Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf (such as hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties use Personal Data only as directed by us and in a manner consistent with this Notice.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your Personal Data to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your Personal Data for compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your Personal Data, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to require the recipient to honor this Notice.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Opt-Out of Marketing Communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at privacy@Protaratx.com.
Choosing Not to Share Your Personal Data. You may choose not to share your Personal Data on our Sites. Where we need your Personal Data in order to provide a service to you, if you do not provide the information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications and Services
The Site may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online sites operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on websites or in mobile applications that are not associated with us. We do not control third-party websites or mobile applications and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and mobile applications follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of other websites and mobile applications you use.
Securing Your Personal Data
Protara uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure Personal Data you share with us. However, we cannot guarantee complete security of your Personal Data.
Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites asking you to provide sensitive information (including medical information) via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing privacy@Protaratx.com.
International Data Transfers
Protara is based in the United States and may have, now or in the future, service providers located in other countries. Your Personal Data may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. We will process and transfer your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws and this Notice regardless of where your personal data is stored or accessed. Our third-party service providers are contractually bound to process Personal Data in a manner that is consistent with this Notice and applicable data protection laws.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will immediately delete or erase such information from our databases, systems and applications. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us at privacy@Protaratx.com.
Residents of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
|• To provide services||Processing is necessary to provide services to you or to take steps that you request prior to providing those services.|
|• For operation of the Site
• To communicate with you
• For compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes
• To create anonymous analytics
|These processing activities are based on Protara’s legitimate interests. We consider and balance potential impact on your rights and do not process your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|• To comply with law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|• With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.|
Retention of Data
We will retain personal data collected as described in this Privacy Notice, for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected (or for any subsequent purpose that is compatible with the original purpose). This does not affect your right to request that we delete your Personal Data before the end of its retention period. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
If you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, you may request that we take the following actions in relation to your personal data:
- Access: Provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and give you access to your Personal Data.
- Correct: Update or correct inaccurate Personal Data.
- Delete: Delete your Personal Data, so long as its processing is no longer necessary or obligatory for the compliance with a legal obligation of Protara or the defense of a lawful interest.
- Transfer: Transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Data to you or a third-party of your choice.
- Restrict: Restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Object: Object to our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your Personal Data.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We may require additional information to verify and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will inform you of such decision, subject to legal restrictions.
If you are a resident of the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, you have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your Personal Information with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are required for the operation of our Site. These cookies cannot be switched off. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but as a result, some parts of our Site will not work as designed.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make when you use our Sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you from having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our Sites.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Sites and how users use our Sites. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Sites, the websites that referred them to our Sites, the pages they visited on our Sites, what time of day they visited our Sites, whether they have visited our Sites before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Sites more efficiently, to gather demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Sites.
Information on Google Analytics. We may use third parties, such as Google Analytics or other analytics providers, to analyze traffic to a Site. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors and only collects aggregate data. To disable Google Analytics, download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Cookies Controls Through Browser Settings
Users may change their browser settings to control the acceptance of cookies. Instructions for each browser are available at the following links:
Changes to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
To contact us with questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, or to request this Notice in an alternative format due to a disability, please email us at privacy@Protaratx.com.
You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Protara Therapeutics, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department – Privacy
345 Park Ave South, 3rd Floor
NY, NY 10010